Ethics, values and virtues
1 November 2019 - 30 June 2020
This set of conferences related to management covers Ethics, values and virtues. In order to discuss this theme, you will learn about authors who have written on the theme. The goal will be to foster exchanges among participants, who will have various international backgrounds and culture, thus a different point of view on these topics. The suggested writers and topics for the five next sessions, are the following:
- Amartya Sen: How is our identity shaped and how does it evolve over a lifetime?
- Paul Tillich: How do we become who we truly are and what does it take?
- Alexandre Soljenitsyne: How do we position ourselves in our public lives to stay authentic?
- Aristotle: How do virtues play out in our everyday life?
- Hannah Arendt: The meaning of freedom, truth, work and politics today.